Metallurgical Technologist (Met Dept. Wednesbury site)
We are particularly proud of our staff at Rotech Laboratories Ltd. Our staff selection and training processes are thorough and consequently we now have a good cross section of age groups, qualifications and experience from apprentices through to technicians, technologists and junior and senior management. We are currently looking for a Metallurgical Technologist to join us.
The principle technical duties for the role will be but not be exclusive to:
- Sample preparation including cutting
- Mounting, grinding, polishing and etching of samples
- Carry out metallurgical testing in accordance with Rotech Management System Test Procedures
- Hardness testing including day of use checks & recording data
- Macro etching
- Use of metallurgical microscopes including verification checks
- Use of photographic equipment
- Assist in Product testing, dependent on customer demands
- Assisting in sample preparation in other areas of the laboratory
- Liaising with all other members of staff
- Liaison with customers re contract review and the provision of technical advice where possible within your field of expertise
- Assist management in the contract review, coordinating, planning and progressing of jobs within the system and provide customer feedback when required
- Costing jobs for invoicing purposes
- Assist in preparation and testing of corrosion specimens, dependent on customer demands, to e.g. ASTM G48, G28, A262 Practices A, B, C, E etc. after suitable training and pass off for competency as in line with Rotech Management Procedures
- Reporting test results to customers after suitable training and pass off for competency as in line with Rotech Management Procedures
- Other reasonable duties as requested by the Management
Ideally the candidate will have a degree in Metallurgy or related subject and have previous experience in laboratory metallurgical techniques and procedures. The role will be for a day shift, 39 hours per week, normal hours of work will be 8.00am to 4.30pm on Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 3.30pm on Friday (daily lunch break from 12.45pm to 1.15pm). The starting salary dependent upon experience and qualification.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 30th June 2017.