Technician – Mechanical Testing
Job Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible to the Manager, Mechanical & Product Testing, Mr Dave Skeldon
Your duties will include:
- Preparation of test pieces & testing for Brinell, Rockwell & Vickers hardness tests & reporting.
- Ambient & elevated temperature tensile testing-round & prismatic samples.
- Full size fastener testing on all applicable machines at ambient temperatures and authorization for reporting.
- Bespoke tensile and compression testing to customer requirements after suitable training.
- Thermomechanical testing including stress rupture, creep and fatigue testing after suitable training.
- Izod & Charpy impact testing & reporting.
- Weld sample bend test piece preparation & testing to current & equivalent specifications e.g. ASME IX, fracture sample preparation & testing to current & equivalent specifications.
- Assistance with product testing.
- Proof load testing using Tentec Proof Load Rig after suitable training.
- Any other reasonable task requested by Management.
Hours and Place of Work
Your normal hours of work will be 8.00am-4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am-3.30pm Friday (39 hours per week). There is a daily ½ hour lunch break.
Place of work will be at Rotech Laboratories Ltd, Wednesbury, West Midlands WS10 7BG or at our Phoenix Materials Testing Laboratory in Brierly Hill, Dudley if/when required and at any premises that the Company has or may subsequently acquire.
CV's to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org