Renewable Energy - Wind and Water Turbines
As an ISO 17025 compliant test laboratory, we are fully equipped to support any raw material testing needs and requirements within the specialised renewable energy sector.
We can also help deliver the assurance and advice needed to test the bolting system that secures the Wind and Water Turbines in place.Enquire Today
Having regular testing helps overcome any potential issues with the raw material, which can result in:
- Multiple breakdowns, causing downtime leading to lost revenue.
- Legal issues, risk of harm to persons and potential fines from the HSE.
- Research and development costs that can be expensive.
- The risk of failures and the cost associated with failures.
Rotech has investigated the failures of bearings within Wind Turbine Gearboxes, Rotor blades that have been found to be of incorrect material and undertaken visual inspection of components to identify and detect any defects or cracks.
Failure Investigations can help establish the root cause of each failure, therefore reducing the future risk of failure where possible by assisting in the revising, improving component design and manufacture.
Services We Offer
Rotech can also offer:
- Material Identification by Spark OES and ICP OES - Chemical analysis.
- Mechanical testing of turbine bolts and components to determine their breaking load/point of failure.
- Corrosion testing - galvanic and pitting ASTM G48 (Method A) and ASTM A923 Method C* carried out by SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) and EDAX microanalysis investigations.
- Material longevity carried out by intergranular corrosion ASTM G28 and ASTM A262 – Practice E corrosion tests.
- Hydrogen embrittlement testing*.
- Salt spray and Environmental testing.
Additionally, Rotech can offer Chemical analysis testing of copper, gold*, platinum* and silver* that can be found in electrical conduit in solar panels.
The activities identified with * are not UKAS accredited.