Rotech is a UKAS accredited metallurgical testing laboratory to ISO/IEC 17025 and is fully equipped to meet your specific needs and requirements for finish testing. Our laboratories provide an extensive range of disciplines for testing which can help deliver the guidance and assurance needed to validate and develop your products with confidence.
This area of testing serves many sectors including door and window furniture, automotive, white goods, construction, the assessment of pre-treatment chemicals and processes prior to painting or plating whether for in house processing/process control or for manufactures & suppliers of pretreatment chemicals. Many other sectors require finish testing and Rotech has always been at the forefront of this test area.
The goal of finish testing is to provide clients with accurate comparative data to show the capability of different products and to demonstrate which of those products gives the best performance.
One of the most common methods of finish testing is the Neutral Salt Spray Test. Salt Spray Testing is a widely used method of testing components and coated panels for corrosion resistance throughout various industries including plating and paint applications and building hardware companies. Salt Spray Tests is a requirement in many international standards.
We can provide tests including:
- Fully equipped Coating Testing Laboratory
- Paint, phosphate, electroplate and plastic coating testing and assessments
- Neutral salt spray tests to ASTM B117 and BS EN ISO 9227
- Humidity resistance tests to BS EN ISO 6270-1
- Coating thickness, adhesion, coating weight and hardness testing
- Resistance to petrol, solvents, hot oil, antifreeze, heat
- Cross Cut Adhesion to BS EN ISO 2409
- Dry Heat
- Pencil Hardness
- Immersion Testing
- Freeze Testing*
- Coating mass & Coating Thickness
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6) Testing
The activities identified with * are not UKAS accredited